cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSMC configuration for 100pin footprint

nanjun
Associate II

Hello,

I would like to implement a 64 Mbit PSRAM for the MCU F207VGT6 with a 100 pin footprint.

There are 22-bit address pins and 16-bit wide data pins on required by the IS66WVE4M PSRAM.

How can I configure this MCU in CubeIDE?  It is shown that Data/Adress: max 24bits. Do the data and address share pins ?  

Attached is the screen shoot of this configuration.

Kind regards,

Neo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In the 100 pin packages, the lower addresses (A0-A15) are not available.

waclawekjan_0-1702569197797.png

If your memory needs them (i.e. if it is not a memory with built-in address/data demultiplexer), you have to use a higher-pin-count package; or, if your application is OK with decreased bandwidth and additional hardware use a multiplexed address/data mode and external demultiplexer (esentially a 16-bit latch).

Read the relevant portion of FSMC chapter in Reference Manual.

JW

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

In the 100 pin packages, the lower addresses (A0-A15) are not available.

waclawekjan_0-1702569197797.png

If your memory needs them (i.e. if it is not a memory with built-in address/data demultiplexer), you have to use a higher-pin-count package; or, if your application is OK with decreased bandwidth and additional hardware use a multiplexed address/data mode and external demultiplexer (esentially a 16-bit latch).

Read the relevant portion of FSMC chapter in Reference Manual.

JW

Some reason to choose such an old part over newer, lower power ones?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hello,

since the RMII is necessary in our application, the F207 could be a proper option for it. The  F427 is more costly and it consumes more current when we have a look in the sleep mode. Do you mean F407?