cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Warning on changing user constants

andy2399
Senior

Please remove the Edit Warning form when clicking Okay on the Edit User Constant form, it is not needed as you know you have just edited a constant.

Andy

4 REPLIES 4
Jack Peacock_2
Senior III

Remember this is an IDE targeted toward the student or anyone not experienced in how it all works, and so prone to make mistakes. Confirmation is often a necessary ingredient in the user interface.

You can use the same argument for commands to erase all files on a drive. No confirmation is needed because you deliberately typed in the delete command....

Jack Peacock

Agreed but it is normal practice to have a "Do not show this message again" on most such pop-ups.

andy2399
Senior

I disagree that this IDE is targeted towards students. ST bought a commercial grade development environment in TrueStudio and have deprecated it in favour of CubeIDE. That in my mind means ST expect professional developers (other than those mad enough to pay way to much for Keil) to use CubeIDE. I would also argue that editing a constant is not as 'dangerous' as deleting files which obviously should require confirmation.

Anyway, just me $0.02.

Andy

ST conference and seminars presentations are all stating that STM32CubeIDE is the preferred route going forward so it's definitely aimed at professional developers, although the FAEs are mostly advising to wait and see.

Personally I would have liked them to standardised on Visual Studio as Microchip has, but having two IDEs going isn't too much of a pain.