cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting AMT-103-V and STM32-Nucleo-H743zi2

umair_ejaz04
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I'm new to STM32 programming and currently working on a project that involves using the AMT-103-V encoder with an STM32 microcontroller. I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance on how to effectively interface and read data from this encoder using STM32.

I've been exploring the datasheets and resources available, but I'm looking for practical advice or sample code that could help me get started. Specifically, I'm interested in how to set up the hardware connections and initialize communication protocols such as SPI or I2C if applicable. Additionally, any insights into how to interpret the encoder's output or handle specific commands (like BiSS-C protocol commands) would be incredibly helpful.

If anyone has experience with this encoder or similar projects with STM32, I would love to hear your suggestions or see any sample code snippets that could serve as a starting point. Understanding how to integrate this encoder into my STM32 application effectively is my current goal.

Thank you all in advance for your assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If it's the quadrature A, B, X device, then a TIM in Encoder Mode with CH1/CH2 for A/B and X on CH3 as Input Capture.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

If it's the quadrature A, B, X device, then a TIM in Encoder Mode with CH1/CH2 for A/B and X on CH3 as Input Capture.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..