cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code changes not being used in debug mode

RMyer.1
Associate III

Hi all, I am very new to this software so hopefully this is a silly question that is easily answered.

I keep running into an issue where I can make a change in the editor, build the project and then look at the code step by step in debug mode, however my code changes aren't actually being implemented most of the time.

For example the 'orr   r1, r1, #0x9' instruction in the image below I put there as a test, you can see on the right the 'Show Source' option in the debug window has an old value I did once have in there.

I have no idea why the changes aren't being committed once the project is built (but sometimes they do).

I did have 'Build Automatically' option set, even when not set it makes no difference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0693W00000BcOAAQA3.png

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

You could try cleaning the project and rebuilding.

You could also examine the compiled ELF file timestamp to ensure it's actually being recompiled.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
RMyer.1
Associate III

Thanks TDK, so the 'Clean' option did work but I find I keep having to do this. I'm not sure this is normal behavior for this tool (I'd be surprised if it was).

My next issue which just popped up this morning is the software now thinks one of my assembly.s files is just a plain text file. It actually compiles ok and the code runs but I cannot set any breakpoints in that file and the syntax highlighting is gone. I have no idea why the IDE has decided to do this.

I haven't had either of those issues. It's definitely unintended behavior, but I'm unsure what is causing it or how to fix it. Make sure you're building the project you think you're building. Having many projects open can cause confusion.

If you're on a network drive or something the first problem could be explained by incorrect timestamps on files.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
RMyer.1
Associate III

Thanks TDK, everything is done locally on one PC and I've just got one project open. Oh well if it's nothing obvious then I'll keep persisting with it. Regards.