cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building .bin file CubeIDE

RKher.1
Associate III

My CubeIDE project currently builds a debug .elf and I am trying to build a .bin file instead. In order to do this, I researched the forums that say I need to go to project properties: C/C++ Bulild->Settings->Tool Settings->MCU Post Build outputs and select "convert to Intel Hex file".

(https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AlgEerSQE/how-to-generate-bin-file-after-building-with-cubeide)

I am not sure how to actually build the project in order to build the bin file. Should I select the "Build Release" option through the CubeIDE build icon? When I do this, I get a bunch of errors about header files not being found.( I don't get these errors when I build the debug project). What am I doing wrong? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

BIN file will be created if you have "Convert to binary file" checked. A HEX file will be created if you have "Convert to Intel Hex file".

> I am not sure how to actually build the project in order to build the bin file.

Build it normally either through Debug or Release configuration and those files will be created after it successfully builds.

> When I do this, I get a bunch of errors about header files not being found.

Sounds like your Release configuration has errors. You'll need to fix those if you want to create a Release build.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".