cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE, v1.13.0 compile warning

Engin Lee
Associate II

Hi,

I just upgraded and migrated my project to CubeIDE v1.13.0, everything works fine with STM32H750 chip.

But I found a compile warning in main.c which is belongs to generated code.

EnginLee_0-1689056385909.png

Is it possible to fix this warning in the next version? Thanks!

BRs,

-Engin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Engin Lee 

In fact, in this context the "static void MPU_Initialize(void);" prototype should not be called as this function is generated for other purposes.

The temporary solution is to delete it from the code and this will not have any impact on it.

With this been said, the problem is raised internally to be reviewed. I'll keep you posted with the updates. Internal ticket number: 157046 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Engin Lee 

First let me thank you for posting.

Could you provide the STM32CubeIDE you was working with before making the upgrade.

Also, it would be helpful if you share the build console to identify the warning message.

KR,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Engin Lee 

In fact, in this context the "static void MPU_Initialize(void);" prototype should not be called as this function is generated for other purposes.

The temporary solution is to delete it from the code and this will not have any impact on it.

With this been said, the problem is raised internally to be reviewed. I'll keep you posted with the updates. Internal ticket number: 157046 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kind regards,

Semer.

AleksBak
Associate II

I will add information to this post: the place of calling this function:

MPU_Config();

has also changed. Now for some reason it is called after HAL initialization. We need to call it before this initialization. Best wishes.

Engin Lee
Associate II

Hi all,

I just upgraded and migrated CubeIDE to latest v1.13.1, but the warning is still there after code generation.

Just let you know and look forward next version.

Thanks,

-Engin