cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What changes were made in kernel 5.10.10 from kernel 5.4.x in regards of .ssh connection?

Arnas Celkys
Associate II

I am running Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Version 2021-06. I am using multiple stm32mp157x-DK2, When they are running kernel  5.4.x I have no problems connecting to them form Eclipse IDE via ssh, if I update them to 5.10.10, suddenly I get "Algorithm negotiation fail". If I revert the kernel back to 5.4.x, everything works fine again.

If i just try to ssh from linux host terminal i have no issues, but the Eclipse IDE seems to have this problem occurring with new 5.10.10 ST kernel. Has anybody have encountered similar problem? Any ides how to solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LudovicR
ST Employee

Hello @Arnas Celkys​ ,

This Eclipse issue is addressed in STM32CubeIDE.

org.eclipse.jsch.core is missing some Key Exchange Methods prefs update: removal of "diffie-hellman sha1" and add of Elliptic Curve methods.

Waiting for Eclipse fix, a workaround is to update in your workspace, .../.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/org.eclipse.jsch.core.prefs file with

CVSSSH2PreferencePage.PREF_KEX_METHODS=diffie-hellman-group1-sha1,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521

CVSSSH2PreferencePage.PREF_KEX_METHODS_ORDER=diffie-hellman-group1-sha1,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521

and restart Eclipse.

Hope this help.

Best Regards,

LudovicR

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LudovicR
ST Employee

Hello @Arnas Celkys​ ,

This Eclipse issue is addressed in STM32CubeIDE.

org.eclipse.jsch.core is missing some Key Exchange Methods prefs update: removal of "diffie-hellman sha1" and add of Elliptic Curve methods.

Waiting for Eclipse fix, a workaround is to update in your workspace, .../.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/org.eclipse.jsch.core.prefs file with

CVSSSH2PreferencePage.PREF_KEX_METHODS=diffie-hellman-group1-sha1,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521

CVSSSH2PreferencePage.PREF_KEX_METHODS_ORDER=diffie-hellman-group1-sha1,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521

and restart Eclipse.

Hope this help.

Best Regards,

LudovicR

LudovicR
ST Employee

You should see the update in Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections > SSH2 > Key Exchange Methods.