cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157C-DK2 LCD SPI works with V4.1.0 DevPackage but not with V5.0.0

remyguerry
Associate II

Hello, I've just migrated from V4.1.0 dev package to V5.0.0 and the LCD SPI ilitek 9486 does not work anymore.

Configuration: STM32MP157A-DK1 with 3.5 LCD SPI touchscreen. Starter Package loaded with stm32mp157c-dk2 config. Linux kernel recompiled with ili9486 module and uploaded. Device tree file "stm32mp157c-dk2.dts" modified with spi5 added and display and uploaded.

Please, how can I do to recover the LCD SPI that worked on previsous dev package?

7 REPLIES 7
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @remyguerry ,

Thanks to raise this point to us. 

Can you please elaborate a bit how you migrate from DV4.1 to DV5.0 ? 

Did you start from scratch and use MX to generate updated DT ? 

Did you update on board BSP + Kernel ? 

Any boot log from working DV4.1 and not working DV5.0 you may share ? 

Thanks

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Olivier,

Thank you for quick response. 

It is not really a migration, I've followed steps from scratch in command line with new working directory DV5.0.

1. Uploaded new SDCard with STMCubeProgrammer with Distribution Package DV5.0.
  2. kernel rebuild with module ili9486 + uploaded on SDCard
  3. copy/paste old DV4.1 stm32mp157c-dk2.dts in new working directory DV5.0 + make dtbs + scp to SDCard

Please find bootlogs to see differences.

Thanks,

Remy

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Checking your DTS it can be noticed : 

- no status = "okay" in spi5 node

- double dsi_in declaration in both spi5 and dsi node

both may explained issue. 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @remyguerry ,

If your step 3 is to reuse 4.1 dts as it in DV5 I'm afraid it could be root cause of many issues.

Some Policies and device tree architecture may have slightly change between both version. 

It could be worth to rather copy/paste ONLY your change in dts 4.1 into dts 5.0 ... 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN

I think status = "okay" there is. Do I have to put under display:display@0 node also?

dsi node is commented, I will declare another name to be sure.

Thanks.

Remy

In step 3, I've just copy/paste changes as your advice. Sorry for missing this precision.

Hi @Olivier GALLIEN ,

I went further in the subject and found there is an error with mapping of PRIME buffer.

The LCD shows OpenST linux picture the first time I upload new kernel compilation, just before doing "sbin/depmod -a sync reboot". But after the reboot I have the error "Failed to vmap PRIME buffer" and nothing on LCD display. The error comes from ili9486.c driver were there are some little changes from DV4.1 to DV5.0. Can I do something in DTS or somewhere for PRIME buffer mapping?