cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'STM32MP157AAC3' processor-based MYD-YA157C-V3 board fails to flash eMMC image

kKim.1
Associate II

Hello.

There is a problem flashing the system image to the board.

I use MYD-YA157C-V3 board of Myir company. The board contains a 'MYC-YA157C' CPU, which is based on the STM32MP157 processor (STM32MP157AAC3).

I mounted an SD card on this board and attempted to flash the 'FlashLayout_emmc_stm32mp157 x-ev1-optee.tsv' file in the Window environment, but the contents of the warning and error messages were not printed. So I tried again in the (VMware) Linux environment, and the result was the same as downloading partition 0x01 and outputting the error message window after failure, but the message content was printed as below.

* warning : Connection to device 0x500 is lost

* Error : TSV flashing service failed

* Error : Start operation failed at partition 0x01

The firmware file I tried is... 

FlashLayout_emmc_stm32mp157a-ev1-optee.tsv

FlashLayout_emmc_stm32mp157c-ed1-optee.tsv

FlashLayout_emmc_stm32mp157c-ev1-optee.tsv

FlashLayout_emmc_stm32mp157d-ev1-optee.tsv

FlashLayout_emmc_stm32mp157f-ed1-optee.tsv

FlashLayout_emmc_stm32mp157f-ev1-optee.tsv

This is an emmc file in the images/stm32mp1/flashout_st_image-weston/optee folder of the starter package.

I can try on a Linux PC, not a virtual Linux environment. However, the same results are expected. 

Is there a way to upload an image on the board and boot to eMMC?

3 REPLIES 3
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @kKim.1​ ,

you are trying to put a Evaluation board Starter Package Image built for STM32MP157x-EV1 board.

It will certainly not work on the board you have.

I encourage you to use an image provided by your board manufacturer or to build your own image based on the HW you target using Developper Package.

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
kKim.1
Associate II

Hello @PatrickF​ .

Thank you for your response.

Let me ask you two more questions.

1. Among what you said, does the developer package mean the package provided by ST?

2. Should I install a formatted SD card when I flash the eMMC boot image?