cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP135DAE7 bare metal,Successfully burned SD card, but it did not run。

dubujian
Associate II

Online run successful (FSBLA_Sdmmc1_A7, MP13-BSP_BasicTemplates, DDRInit-A7).Successfully burned SD card, but it did not run。

Using chip STM32MP135DAE7。

Modified #define USE_STPMIC1x  1U to #define USE_STPMIC1x   0U, Other unchanged.

dubujian_0-1705934681121.png

dubujian_1-1705934720597.png

dubujian_4-1705935270898.png

dubujian_0-1705935867552.png

The starting position of SD card 128LGA has the same data。

What checks do I need to perform? The chip used is different from the official board(use STM32MP135DAE7)。

7 REPLIES 7
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @dubujian ,

I understand you are doing your board bring-up with a STM32MP135DAE7 and I catch already an important difference which is discrete power vs PMIC right ? 

Unfortunately this can hardly be as straight forward. 

FSBLA is dedicated to MP13-DK board and have to be adapted tune to your hardware. 

A first step would likely be to make the FSBLA project work on your bord using engineering mode. (loaded by CubeIDE) 

Please refer to : 

STM32CubeMP13 Package - Getting started - stm32mpu

Hope it help 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @dubujian ,

If you are sure your application did not start at all (i.e. BootROM fall back to USB/UART boot),  maybe try top get boot traces. You might have HW issues (boot pins, SDMMC1 or else).
https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32_MPU_ROM_trace_analyzer#On_STM32MP13x_lines

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
dubujian
Associate II

In engineering mode, FSBLA_Sdmmc1_A7 program can light the LED light, currently because the PF15 pin is connected to the JTAG (TMS) and SD_DETECT of the SD card at the same time, resulting in SD card insertion, can not run in engineering mode.
However, after the FSBLA_Sdmmc1_A7.stm32 was burned into the SD card and started from the SD card, the LED light did not turn on. Not sure if the program is started by ROM.
Plan to disconnect SD_DETECT temporarily on the hardware, run FSBLA_Sdmmc1_A7 program completely and successfully in engineering mode, and test again.
If the FSBLA_Sdmmc1_A7 program starts successfully in SD card mode, the LED should light up (the LED can light up in engineering mode).

dubujian_0-1706023697117.png

Hi, May I ask if there is any follow-up? I am in the same situation as you.

dubujian
Associate II

HI @PatrickF @Olivier GALLIEN 

At present, in engineering mode, FSBLA_Sdmmc1_A7 runs successfully, can copy application program (MP13-BSP_BasicTemplates) from SD card LBA640 location to DDR, and the application program runs normally in DDR. The serial port information added in MP13-BSP_BasicTemplates is displayed normally.
However, when the boot mode is switched to the SD card, FSBLA_Sdmmc1_A7 cannot be started by ROM after power-on.

At present, the SD card can be read, judging that the SD card is working normally, and the BOOT mode check is also normal; I want to according to your description (https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32_MPU_ROM_trace_analyzer#On_STM32MP13x_lines) content. I created a new rom_trace_analyzer.py file on Ubuntu and copied the python script, but I'm still going through the process, what else can I check?

HI @Olivier GALLIEN 

At present, in engineering mode, FSBLA_Sdmmc1_A7 runs successfully, can copy application program (MP13-BSP_BasicTemplates) from SD card LBA640 location to DDR, and the application program runs normally in DDR. The serial port information added in MP13-BSP_BasicTemplates is displayed normally.
However, when the boot mode is switched to the SD card, FSBLA_Sdmmc1_A7 cannot be started by ROM after power-on.

At present, the SD card can be read, judging that the SD card is working normally, and the BOOT mode check is also normal; I want to according to your description (https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32_MPU_ROM_trace_analyzer#On_STM32MP13x_lines) content. I created a new rom_trace_analyzer.py file on Ubuntu and copied the python script, but I'm still going through the process, what else can I check?

Hi @dubujian 

could you share the result of bootrom trace (to be sure the fail is at bootrom loading FSBL or rather FSBL is crashing) ?

Steps to get it are:

1. create rom_trace_analyzer.py  (copy paste code from https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32_MPU_ROM_trace_analyzer#On_STM32MP13x_lines_2 )
  2. openocd -f board/stm32mp13x_dk.cfg -c 'init;halt;dump_image traces.bin 0x30001638 4096;resume;shutdown'
  3. python3 rom_trace_analyzer.py traces.bin

Regards.