cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F439 Evalution Board

NR.2
Associate

We Have bought STM32F439 Evalution Board from STMicroelectronics. In User manual UM1668 specifies the following in Page No.18 and attached for your reference.

Note: Ethernet works properly in the default setting (which RX_ER is not connected to PI10 of STM32F439NIH6) because PI10 is shared with data signal of SDRAM.

If RX_ER signal is needed, remove R244 and solder R43.

We want to use High speed USB, Ethernet and FMC D[0:31] from the STM32F439NIH6 Microcontroller in Our Application.

Since Some of the Microcontroller pins are shared by both Ethernet and FMC D[0:31] or High-speed USB and Ethernet.

For Example:  PI10 - FMC_D31, ETH_MII_RX_ER.

This pin having both Ethernet pin and FMC_D31 pin. There are no other pins having FMC_D31 and

I can see PB10 - ETH_MII_RX_ER, OTG_HS_ULPI_D3.

having same ETH_MII_RX_ER pin, But This pin having OTG_HS_ULPI_D3, there are no pins having OTG_HS_ULPI_D3 to use as High speed USB.

My Queries are as below.

1. If I want use High speed USB, Ethernet and FMC D[0:31] without any jumper setting, How can I map the pins of Microcontroller accordingly so that I can use all the Interfaces?
  2. Can you please share the schematic which will have all three Interfaces without any jumper or resistor setting?
  3. If not, What will be the solution for the same Microcontroller?
2 REPLIES 2

You might have to consider an RMII, or perhaps look to newer parts (F7 or H7) where pin conflicts have better resolution.

You options generally are to manually prioritize pin assignments via the Data Sheet, or use the CubeMX/IDE tools to play "will-it-blend" automagically.

You might want to engage with the FAE assigned to your account, check the local sales office, and support engineers located there.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
NR.2
Associate

Thank you for your response.

Please could you clarify what does it mean by newer parts (F7 or H7)? Does it mean new part number.

Related to FAE, we are getting in touch with avnet.