cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qt5 virtual keyboard error What should I do?

WSung.2
Associate II

0693W00000LyhpfQAB.png

5 REPLIES 5
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @WSung.2​ ,

If you are using the Distribution package to generate your image, you can ask Yocto to take other recipes to install. This is the case for the Virtual Keyboard.

For example, in a local.conf, you can have this:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " \

qtcharts \

qtsvg \

qtvirtualkeyboard \

qtlocation \

qtquickcontrols2 \

qtquickcontrols \

"

Here you can see that for my Qt application, I need to add more Qt libs, and the Virtual Keyboard is included.

Kind regards.

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
WSung.2
Associate II

board : stm32mp157f-dk2

DISTRO=openstlinux-weston MACHINE=stm32mp1 source layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh

bitbake st-example-image-qtwayland

What should I do now?

Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

@WSung.2​ ,

Excuse me, the IMAGE_INSTALL_append that I put was a personal example, you do not have "boot2qt" and that is logical. Just remove it.

In fact, if virtualkey board is the only lib that miss, you can only put this one.

Moreover, if you want to make a big qt application, I advice you to use EGLFS instead of qtwayland, because of perfs. You can find information on this wiki page : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_build_and_use_an_SDK_for_QT

Regards.

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
WSung.2
Associate II
  1. It seems to work in QT virtualkey board boot2qt.(Guess I'll have to include it when compiling)
  2. EGLFS throws an error
  3. st Do you have a Korean/English keyboard?​(If yes, please tell me how to use it.)
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

@WSung.2​ ,

2) Did you try to compile the baseline (bitbake st-example-image-qt) without making any change inside?

After that, if it works, we can check what is wrong with your personal project that you try to include inside.

3) As concerns virtual keyboard, this is a library directly developed by Qt, that are integrated by STMicroelectronics. We do not develop this lib and so we do not know which language are exactly usable inside.

Rgs.

Erwan.