cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting STM32MP1 on custom board : stuck at "Booting BL32", where to go next?

TTour.2
Associate

After following the wiki page "how to create your board device", I am exactly in the situation indicated at the end of this page : "The execution should fail just after the "Booting BL32" notice, because state definitions are missing in the device tree (in the pwr node overlay)".

For information, I don't use the Yocto (layers etc) env and the full OpenSTLinux distrib, but rather a custom buildchain and the ***-stm32mp-r2 sources (TF-A 2.4, U-boot 2020.10 & linux 5.10 with lightened conf). All of this works well on the EV-1 board using the associated ST conf (dts etc.) and I am now trying to port all that on a custom board.

In my porting task, I am then guessing the next step is to add custom-made conf in device trees, especially the pwr node. I would get inspiration from the EV-1 dts but my custom board does not have a PMIC as our stm32mp151 doesn't need to manage low power modes (which should make it more simple?), among other little differences.

Where could I find ressources / doc / training / guides/ examples of those next steps of board-specific configurations (pwr, rcc, clk...) ?

I think the AN5256 "discrete power supply" will help me along the way, as well as the embedded documentation in the source packages, but these are much less beginner-friendly than the wiki.st.com how-to guides.

1 REPLY 1
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @Théo Tourrès​ 

maybe this post might help you as pointing some places of examples of discrete power device tree.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001pYs9XSAS/in-the-beal-environment-what-files-are-needed-to-generate-fip-after-compiling-optee

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.