cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPTEE Device Tree when using I2C2 with STPMIC

hreysenbach
Associate II

We have made a custom board which uses the STPMIC but it is on I2C2. Unfortunately we do not have time to remake the board to move the STPMIC to I2C4 or I2C6 so I am trying to get Linux to boot with a modified STM32MP157D-DK1. I have connected pins PD7 and PG15 (I2C2_SDA and I2C2_SCL respectively) to I2C pull-up resistors.

I made the patch to ARM Trusted Firmware as detailed on the PMIC page: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/PMIC_hardware_components and ARM Trusted Firmware boots to the point of loading BL32 (OPTEE-OS).

My understanding of the log attached is that the driver for the I2C2 is failing (along with the IWDG but I think that is because I haven't specified any timeouts). I am going to continue debugging the driver but if there was any more guidance it would be great? Thank you for your time 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
hreysenbach
Associate II

Just a quick update. I removed the I2C2 node from the OPTEE board device tree (along with the STPMIC node and regulators) and created fixed regulators instead (for VDD, VDD_CORE, VDD_DDR and V3V3). This allows the kernel to boot but I feel like this is a bit of a hack not the proper solution to this problem so I would still like any advice

Hi @hreysenbach ,

Can you pls share your solution? How did you define the fixed regulators?

I am currently having the same issue, PMIC is connected to i2c3 in my case...

Thanks in advance!!

Ruben