cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP135FAE baremetal with ThreadX

Manu31
Associate

Hello everyone, i'm starting a baremetal project on a MP135 and i'm facing a issue when I tried to configure ThreadX.

I've already saw the issue in another post :

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mpus-embedded-software/creat-a-simple-bare-metal-azurertos-based-on-stm32mp135f-dk-get/td-p/614564

But when I add the following code in the linker :  

.stack :
{
_stack_bottom = ABSOLUTE(.) ;
/* Allocate room for stack. This must be big enough for the
IRQ, FIQ, and SYS stack if nested interrupts are
enabled.*/
. = ALIGN(8) ;
. += 32768 ;
_sp = . - 16 ;
_stack_top = ABSOLUTE(.) ;
} >RAM
_end = .; 

I get another error :

/opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.15.1/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.12.3.rel1.linux64_1.0.100.202403111256/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: emap_bareos_Application.elf section `.stack' will not fit in region `SYSRAM_BASE'

/opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.15.1/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.12.3.rel1.linux64_1.0.100.202403111256/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: region `SYSRAM_BASE' overflowed by 22016 bytes

I understand that i'm running out of memory but I don't know what to do more about it.

Thank you all for your time

1 REPLY 1
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @Manu31 ,
SYSRAM have a limited size, that is quite quickly reached when you make an application with AzureRTOS.
The solution so is to put your application in DDR instead of SYSRAM, but you also need a first firmware that initialize the DDR. 

All these steps are explained in the wiki here : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32CubeMP13_Package_-_Getting_started#Integrating_AzureRTOS_middleware

I hope it will help you to go forward,
Kind regards,
Erwan. 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.