Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Timer Sharing Between A7 and M4 Core

meme002
Associate III

Hello @PatrickF ,

Hope all is well.

I need to access STGEN both in A7 core as well as M4 core. I have seen some previous posts related to STGENR register access.

Credit to PatrickF for this code.

#define STGENR_CNTCVL_OFF 0x0000 #define STGENR_CNTCVU_OFF 0x0004 #define STGENR_CNTCVL (*(uint32_t *) (STGENR_BASE + STGENR_CNTCVL_OFF)) #define STGENR_CNTCVU (*(uint32_t *) (STGENR_BASE + STGENR_CNTCVU_OFF))   uint32_t cntr_upper, cntr_lower; uint64_t cntr;   __HAL_RCC_STGENRO_CLK_ENABLE(); do { cntr_upper = STGENR_CNTCVU; cntr_lower = STGENR_CNTCVL; } while (STGENR_CNTCVU != cntr_upper);   cntr = ((uint64_t)cntr_upper << 32) + (uint64_t)cntr_lower;

I did not implement the above code, but I was trying to see if I can read STGENR from A7 using Devmem2.

I found STGENR_BASE from the manual which is 0x5A005000. I used devmem2 tool to read the lower counter (address offset = 0x0000) and upper counter(address offset = 0x0004)

The devmem2 values for both are 0x0. I am not sure why I keep getting that. I was under the impression that STGEN keeps running when the STM32 mp157d-dk1 is booted and the counter should keep incrementing.

I did check in my clock configuration that STGEN is set to 24 Mhz (HSE) and using the command below I can see arch_sys_counter, which is based of STGEN can be seen. This was taken from this post.

cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource 
ksource arch_sys_counter

0 REPLIES 0