cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

libqmi build for STM32MP157

edwardmcl
Associate II

I'm building libqmi for the STM32MP157 and getting an error  at this point in the build

GISCAN Qmi-1.0.gir
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/ed/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MP1-Ecosystem-v4.1.0/Developer-Package/SDK/sysroots/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/usr/bin/g-ir-scanner", line 98, in <module>
from giscanner.scannermain import scanner_main
File "/home/ed/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MP1-Ecosystem-v4.1.0/Developer-Package/SDK/sysroots/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/gobject-introspection/giscanner/scannermain.py", line 35, in <module>
from giscanner.ast import Include, Namespace
File "/home/ed/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MP1-Ecosystem-v4.1.0/Developer-Package/SDK/sysroots/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/gobject-introspection/giscanner/ast.py", line 29, in <module>
from .sourcescanner import CTYPE_TYPEDEF, CSYMBOL_TYPE_TYPEDEF
File "/home/ed/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MP1-Ecosystem-v4.1.0/Developer-Package/SDK/sysroots/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/gobject-introspection/giscanner/sourcescanner.py", line 34, in <module>
from giscanner._giscanner import SourceScanner as CSourceScanner
ImportError: /home/ed/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MP1-Ecosystem-v4.1.0/Developer-Package/SDK/sysroots/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/gobject-introspection/giscanner/_giscanner.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
make[4]: *** [/home/ed/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MP1-Ecosystem-v4.1.0/Developer-Package/SDK/sysroots/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/usr/share/gobject-introspection-1.0/Makefile.introspection:156: Qmi-1.0.gir] Error 1

So it has a problem with _giscanner.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

Any idea why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @edwardmcl ,

I see that you are trying to compile with developper package ?

Can you please clarify what you want to achieve and how ? 

libqmi seems to be already part of Yocto Distribution as part of meta-oe layers. 

If not integrated by default I guess it might be straighforward to add it. 

Did you look in that direction? 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @edwardmcl ,

I see that you are trying to compile with developper package ?

Can you please clarify what you want to achieve and how ? 

libqmi seems to be already part of Yocto Distribution as part of meta-oe layers. 

If not integrated by default I guess it might be straighforward to add it. 

Did you look in that direction? 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I'm building because I want to use libqmi for the STM32MP157. I wanted to do this within the Developer package but if it's already there in Yocto I'll explore that option. Thanks.