cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO SPI 5 miswired on STM32MP15 Discovery Kit MB1272

ALeba.1
Associate II

I was trying to use the GPIO expension connector on the STM32MP15 Discovery Kit MB1272 and the clock wasn't working on SPI5. When I checked the CubeMX configuration against the schematic for the discovery kit, I leaned that the clock signal is going to the Arduino connector instead of the GPIO expansion. The schematic insinuates that PF7 is SPI5_SCK, when it is actually PH6. Is this a known issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

HI @Aaron Lebahn​ 

From STM32MP157 datasheet, SPI5_SCK is available on either PF7-AF5, PH6-AF5 or PK0-AF5.

So, Schematics is OK in using PF7 for SPI5_SCK.

In Default Device tree (e.g. Starter Package), SPI5_SCK is defined on PF7.

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/linux/blob/v5.15-stm32mp/arch/arm/boot/dts/stm32mp15-pinctrl.dtsi#L1850

Maybe a Device tree pinmux issue or overlook on your side.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PatrickF
ST Employee

HI @Aaron Lebahn​ 

From STM32MP157 datasheet, SPI5_SCK is available on either PF7-AF5, PH6-AF5 or PK0-AF5.

So, Schematics is OK in using PF7 for SPI5_SCK.

In Default Device tree (e.g. Starter Package), SPI5_SCK is defined on PF7.

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/linux/blob/v5.15-stm32mp/arch/arm/boot/dts/stm32mp15-pinctrl.dtsi#L1850

Maybe a Device tree pinmux issue or overlook on your side.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ALeba.1
Associate II

Hi @PatrickF​ 

Thanks for your reply. I was able to modify the setting in STM32CubeMX to set SPI5_SCK to PF7. I tried to do that before but didn't realize it wouldn't show as an option until I disabled the existing setting for SPI5_SCK. After setting the mux correctly, I'm seeing the clock signal on the GPIO expansion as expected.