cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTI Interrupt conflict

vsaakian
Associate III

Hello,

I have a interrupt conflict between two peripherals on pins PK7 and PI7. I am aware that these two end up on same EXTI7 interrupt mux, hence conflict in interrupt occurs. I am wondering if there is a way to separate these interrupts on different controllers perhaps? Re-designing the HW is not really possible or very hard at this stage 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

In the EXTI interrupt handler read the two pins status (read IDR register) and check which one was the origin of the interrupt.

But you need to ensure that from the interrupt firing and when reading the GPIO pin input the status of the pin didn't change.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

In the EXTI interrupt handler read the two pins status (read IDR register) and check which one was the origin of the interrupt.

But you need to ensure that from the interrupt firing and when reading the GPIO pin input the status of the pin didn't change.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
TDK
Guru

You cannot have an interrupt on PK7 and PI7 at the same time. This is a hardware limitation. Look at EXTI_EXTICR1 for the underlying hardware limitation. There is no solution which allows have GPIO pin interrupts on multiple ports for the same pin number.

TDK_0-1710765019257.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".