cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control STM32MP157D-DK1 GPIO with python

Softcity
Associate II

Hello,

I want to control STM32mp157d-dk1 GPIO from python i tried to use libgpiod but apt-get install python3-pip not work for me

Softcity_0-1707387204205.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Softcity 

please try

apt-get install python3-gpiod

as a general rule, to know if a package is available with apt-get, you could use

apt-get update
apt-cache search xxxx

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Jean-Marc B
ST Employee

Hi @Softcity 

python3-pip is a package provided by our ecosystem.

Could you refresh the apt database and get the python3-pip status with the following commands

root@stm32mp1:~# apt-get update
root@stm32mp1:~# apt-cache policy python3-pip

and gives me the output please?

Best regards,

--JM

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @Softcity ,

Ensure you are connected to internet and the date is set to current time.
See also https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mpus-products/i-cannot-use-the-pip-command-with-the-starter-package-is-it/m-p/202592/highlight/true#M5991

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PatrickF
ST Employee

@Softcity 

ensure you are running the latest Starter Package for your board (use the FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157d-dk1-optee.tsv).

See https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157x-DK2/Let%27s_start/Populate_the_target_and_boot_the_image

Regards.

Thank you for your reply, the same error unable to locate package python3-pipScreenshot from 2024-02-08 14-28-39.png

Hi,
Sound like your board is not connected to the Internet (RJ45 or WLAN)

Hi @PatrickF 
I will check that thank you for your reply

Hi @PatrickF 
apt-get install python3-pip  is working now Thank you , but when I try to install libgpiod i got this error .Screenshot from 2024-02-13 14-58-13.png

Any idea ?

Hi @Softcity 

please try

apt-get install python3-gpiod

as a general rule, to know if a package is available with apt-get, you could use

apt-get update
apt-cache search xxxx

Regards.