cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can STM32MP135 run FreeRTOS?

LYUhaha
Associate II

Hello,

I am using the STM32MP135DAF7 chip for bare metal development, and now I have encountered a problem. Specifically, I have transplanted the FreeRTOS system on this chip, and in the boot_develop mode, I can run FreeRTOS normally, that is, ddr_init->FreeRTOS_app, but I burned the .stm32 file (bin signature file) of FreeRTOS_app into EMMC and used it as boot_EMMC startup. After the program is powered on, FreeRTOS_app did not run successfully; I used the FSBLA_EMMC program to debug and found that the FSBLA_EMMC program has run successfully and copied the second-stage app code to DDR, but the subsequent second-stage FreeRTOS_app still did not run successfully. Can anyone help me analyze what the problem is? If it is not FreeRTOS, but other app codes, such as lighting, they can be started normally.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

HI @LYUhaha 

We delivered GitHub - STMicroelectronics/x-cube-freertos-mpu: Official release of x-cube-freertos-mpu supporting STM32CubeMP13 Microprocessor for reference on FreeRTOS. 

In case you are not aware of, let me also point you wiki doc : 

STM32CubeMP13 Package - Getting started - stm32mpu

Hope this will help 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

HI @LYUhaha 

We delivered GitHub - STMicroelectronics/x-cube-freertos-mpu: Official release of x-cube-freertos-mpu supporting STM32CubeMP13 Microprocessor for reference on FreeRTOS. 

In case you are not aware of, let me also point you wiki doc : 

STM32CubeMP13 Package - Getting started - stm32mpu

Hope this will help 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi: @Olivier GALLIEN 

Thanks for your reply. I have found the cause of the bug: I added an additional deinitialization operation for EMMC in FSBLA_EMMC. Now it has been solved! I can also refer to the link you provided to see if there is any bug in my own ported freeRTOS. Thanks for your reply! 

Best wish!