cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use sd card programmed on stm32mp157f-dk2 board on custum board(embedded stm32mp157d)?

SKim.36
Associate II

I have two boards stm32mp157f-dk2 and my custum board(embedded stm32mp157d).

I know that the difference stm32mp157f and stm32mp157d is simply security part.

And my custom board don't have C-type connector because of issues in parts supply.

So, After plugging the sd card into the stm32mp157f-dk2, I flashed the flashlayout dedicated to stm32mp157d via the stm32cubeprogrammer.

And then, does it boot if I put the sd card back on the custom board?

I've been looking for a reason why my custom board hasn't booted for weeks...

What we've seen so far from the cmd and DAT0 signals on the sd card is that the initial cmd signal has the same logical level, and the DAT0 signal is slightly different.

​I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @SKim.36​ 

There is no problem to Flash an SD-Card for a custom board using an STM32MP157F-DK2.

You should use a specific TSV keeping the partition 0x01 and 0x03 with the one from DK2 as those are used during SD-Card flashing.

Then other partitions should point to your customs binaries.

e.g.

#Opt	Id	Name	Type	IP	Offset	Binary
-	0x01	fsbl-boot	Binary	none	0x0	arm-trusted-firmware/tf-a-stm32mp157f-dk2-usb.stm32
-	0x03	fip-boot	FIP	none	0x0	fip/fip-stm32mp157f-dk2-optee.bin
P	0x04	fsbl1	Binary	mmc0	0x00004400	arm-trusted-firmware/tf-a-<custom_board>-sdcard.stm32
P	0x05	fsbl2	Binary	mmc0	0x00044400	arm-trusted-firmware/tf-a-<custom_board>-sdcard.stm32
etc....

Alternatively, you could populate the SD-Card on a Linux PC using dd:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_populate_the_SD_card_with_dd_command

For BootROM boot issues, I recommend to look at :

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32_MPU_ROM_trace_analyzer#ROM_trace_analysis_procedure

which only need an STLINK connected to the target.

You could put the result of decoded trace in this post if information are not meaningful to progress by yourself.

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.