cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building and deploying the U-Boot for the first time.

AKuma.46
Associate II

Hi,

root@si-rd22:/home/developer-package/stm32mp1-openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31/sources/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-stm32mp-2020.10.r1-r0/u-boot-stm32mp-2020.10.r1# make stm32mp15_defconfig

Makefile:40: *** missing separator. Stop.

can anyone please let me know in makefile line no. 40 I tried putting TAB but still error is not resolved.

Makefile:

else ifeq ("riscv64", $(MK_ARCH))

export HOST_ARCH=$(HOST_ARCH_RISCV64)

endif

undefine MK_ARCH // line no 40

Thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @AKuma.46​ ,

You seems to be on Ecosystem v3.0. If you read the file "../README.HOW_TO.txt", you can see that the command that must be launched is:

make stm32mp15_trusted_defconfig

Please can you try again by following the readme and tell me if you still encounter errors.

For a first boot, you must not modify any Makefile or other files.

Best Regards,

Kevin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @AKuma.46​ ,

You seems to be on Ecosystem v3.0. If you read the file "../README.HOW_TO.txt", you can see that the command that must be launched is:

make stm32mp15_trusted_defconfig

Please can you try again by following the readme and tell me if you still encounter errors.

For a first boot, you must not modify any Makefile or other files.

Best Regards,

Kevin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AKuma.46
Associate II

Dear @Kevin HUBER​ 

1. I followed READ_ME_HOW_TO.txt file and even ran this command "make stm32mp15_trusted_defconfig" but we encountered same error:

else ifeq ("riscv64", $(MK_ARCH))

export HOST_ARCH=$(HOST_ARCH_RISCV64)

endif

undefine MK_ARCH // line no 40

After Modifying line 40 to "undefine: MK_ARCH" error was resolved.

Note: We didn't modified the Makefile or other file as we were making 1st build, but still this error was encountered.

Thanks & Regards

Aniket Kumar