error is logged as > Label or path sram not found

The DTS file at the failing line reads

&sram{

dma_pool:dma_pool@0{
                reg = <0x50000 0x10000>;
                pool;
        };
};

I'm assuming this is to specify where the SRAM pool is. But this automatically generated file fails at build.

The CubeMX project has worked before, just upgraded to mickledore and the latest CubeMX but I don't think that is the problem.

I have done clean bitbakes etc

Building the sample machines and configs appears to work perfectly its only my own new machine that is failing

> looking at the 'equivalent' DTS file in one of the standard builds I dont see SRAM specified anywhere. I think my nachine specification is off although it was build using the tutorial in the docs....... more digging.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @LAK17AT ,

Comparing Mickledore (DV5.0) with previous Kirkstone (DV4.1) looks like sram has been rename sram1 in stm32mp151.dtsi. 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @LAK17AT ,

Comparing Mickledore (DV5.0) with previous Kirkstone (DV4.1) looks like sram has been rename sram1 in stm32mp151.dtsi. 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks. I rebuilt my machine definitian and cleaned a lot of temp stuff out and I am getting a build now. I will look in to see if its using SRAM or the SRAM1 you have highlighted.

LAK17AT
Associate II

SOLVED - The upgrade to mickledore requires an update to the later CubeMX and a device tree regeneration.

The later tool recognised that theproject was generated in an earlier version and offered to migrate it.

When it did so it reassigned the watchdog timer to WDT2 from 1.