cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About PMIC setting

tatsuya
Associate II

Hi,team

I'm developing a PCB using the following parts now.

STM32MP151AAD3T(MCU)

STPMIC1APQR(PMIC)

MT41K256M16TW-107:P(DDR3L)

The VDD and VDDQ voltages of the "MT41K256M16TW-107:P(DDR3L)" are 1.35V, but the default voltage of BUCK2 is 1.1V.

(It is recommended to supply power from BUCK2 to DDR)

Therefore, the voltage setting of BUCK2 must be changed from 1.1V to 1.35V.

Does the bootloader do this? (it cannot be set by the user program, because DDR is not launched)

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @tatsuya​ ,

When using a PMIC on a board, TF-A is configured to use a secure I²C (I2C4 or I2C6). By default on STMicroelectronics boards, I2C4 is used.

Using another I²C (non-secure) is not supported in the TF-A implementation made by STMicroelectronics. But it is possible to modify the code and device tree files to support it.

Please read :

PMIC hardware components - stm32mpu

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @tatsuya​ ,

Yes, all DDR related power supply are managed in TF-A.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Olivier-san,

Thank you for your reply.

> Yes, all DDR related power supply are managed in TF-A.

"STM32MP151AAD3T" has six I2C I/Fs(I2C1, I2C2, I2C3...)

So, Will any CH be fine? (Can I select it with TF-A?)

Best regards,

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @tatsuya​ ,

When using a PMIC on a board, TF-A is configured to use a secure I²C (I2C4 or I2C6). By default on STMicroelectronics boards, I2C4 is used.

Using another I²C (non-secure) is not supported in the TF-A implementation made by STMicroelectronics. But it is possible to modify the code and device tree files to support it.

Please read :

PMIC hardware components - stm32mpu

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

Hi Olivier-san,

Thank you for your reply.

Would it be okay if the I2C4 setting could be set up in STM32CubeMX like an attachment?

Best regards,