cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileExistsError when enabling i2cdetect on custom-image Yocto

RMang.1
Associate

I have been following a series of tutorials on Yocto and STM32MP1 by Digikey. 

I do have a question I am hoping you can give me some pointers on, while building the custom image after activating the i2cdetect, i get the following error

ERROR: busybox-1.31.1-r0 do_package: Error executing a python function in exec_func_python() autogenerated:

The stack trace of python calls that resulted in this exception/failure was:
File: 'exec_func_python() autogenerated', lineno: 2, function: <module>
0001:
*** 0002:ptest_update_alternatives(d)
0003:
File: '/home/raymond/Projects/yocto/poky/meta/classes/ptest.bbclass', lineno: 98, function: ptest_update_alternatives
0094: for alt_name, alt_link, alt_target, _ in alternatives:
0095: # Some alternatives are for man pages,
0096: # check if the alternative is in PATH
0097: if os.path.dirname(alt_link) in bin_paths:
*** 0098: os.symlink(alt_target, os.path.join(ptest_bindir, alt_name))
0099:}
0100:
0101:do_configure_ptest_base[dirs] = "${B}"
0102:do_compile_ptest_base[dirs] = "${B}"
Exception: FileExistsError: [Errno 17] File exists: '/bin/busybox.suid' -> '/home/raymond/Projects/yocto/build-mp1/tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-poky-linux-gnueabi/busybox/1.31.1-r0/package/usr/lib/busybox/ptest/bin/i2cdetect'

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/raymond/Projects/yocto/build-mp1/tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-poky-linux-gnueabi/busybox/1.31.1-r0/temp/log.do_package.16030
ERROR: Task (/home/raymond/Projects/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-core/busybox/busybox_1.31.1.bb:do_package) failed with exit code '1'

I have tried 
What maybe the cause for this?

1 REPLY 1
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @RMang.1 ,

From trace it seems you configuration is not consistent with ST delivery. 

Maybe contact DigiKey support first to help 

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.