cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157C-DK2 maximum current 5V/3V3 pins

Lukas1
Associate III

Hi,

I want to connect some shields/sensors to STM32MP157C-DK2. Some of the sensors will draw about 200mA. How much current can I draw from the 5V/3V3 pins on the GPIO expansion connectors?

The STM32MP157C-DK2 is powered over USB-C 5V/3A. OpenSTLinux is running on A7 and firmware on M4

regards

Lukas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hello,

for 5V, there is no specific limit, as you draw directly from USB Type-C connector. You should just ensure the power drawn by external devices connected on the 4 x USB Type-A (up to 500mA each) added with the 5V power drawn on your expansion is lower than 5V 2A (this give a comfortable 5V 1A for the remaining of the board).

For 3.3V, supplied by STPMIC1A Buck4 rated 2A, I did not have split of power used inside the DK2, but at a first guess, up to 500mA for expansion should be ok.

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hello,

for 5V, there is no specific limit, as you draw directly from USB Type-C connector. You should just ensure the power drawn by external devices connected on the 4 x USB Type-A (up to 500mA each) added with the 5V power drawn on your expansion is lower than 5V 2A (this give a comfortable 5V 1A for the remaining of the board).

For 3.3V, supplied by STPMIC1A Buck4 rated 2A, I did not have split of power used inside the DK2, but at a first guess, up to 500mA for expansion should be ok.

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.