cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run OP-TEE application on STM32MP157C-DK2 board

Charles Dias
Associate III

Dear,

I'm starting with OP-TEE on STM32MP15x line. I bring-up the board as described here and built the optee_example_hello_world as described here. However, I got the error code below:

TEEC_Opensession failed with code 0xffff0008 origin 0x3

Checking the boot messages, I realized that the profile system_services is used. This way, it is not possible to run any TA. 

So, is there any already compiled image for STM32MP157C-DK2 board that allows running a TA or do I have to modify the image to enable it? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @Charles Dias ,
Since OSTL v5.0, OP-TEE default configuration is non secure and loaded into DDR. It is mentioned here in OP-TEE overview : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/OP-TEE_OTP_overview#OP-TEE_OS_configuration

So no, unfortunately we do not have an already compiled image that does what you want. You will have to recompile some components to load OP-TEE in SYSRAM, and activate secure_and_system_services profile.

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Charles Dias
Associate III

Hi, @Erwan SZYMANSKI,

When I activate the secure_and_system_services profile, should I load the OP-TEE in SYSRAM or can I keep it on DDR even if it's not secure?

Thanks for your help!

Hello @Charles Dias ,
Yes you need to put OP-TEE in SYSRAM on MP15 because this is the only memory secured for this series. 
On MP13, you can put OP-TEE in DDR for this same use case.

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.