cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why targeting STM32WL as end node instead of STM32LO?

Zbenj.1
Associate II

I bought p-nucleo lrwan2 working with STM32LO MCU,and i'am wondering to configure its device sensor as end node ,watching the last video posted by ST they were working with the same pack but they targered STM32WL as end node instead of working with the STM32LO.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tilen MAJERLE
ST Employee

STM32WL is a product with sub-GHZ RF (incl LoRa) capability integrated.

STM32L0 needs external transceiver. Module on LRWAN board has STM32L0 + transeiver.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tilen MAJERLE
ST Employee

STM32WL is a product with sub-GHZ RF (incl LoRa) capability integrated.

STM32L0 needs external transceiver. Module on LRWAN board has STM32L0 + transeiver.

The LORA sensor device afforded with the p-nucleo pack include nucleo-LO73RZ development board and I-nucleo LRWAN LORA SX1272 HF band sensor expansion board which include the transeiver.

Nevertheless they opted to work with STM32WL

STM32WL is ST's flagship product for LoRa technology.

We can propose NUCLEO-WL55JC development board to help you with your LoRa project: https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/nucleo-wl55jc.html

Zbenj.1
Associate II

thank you so much,i have a last question please i've alrealy the P-NUCLEO LRWAN2 pack working with STM32LO and i want to configure it's sensor device as end node. the problem is that the sensor device doesn't connect to tera term, could you help me with that

Hi @Zbenj.1​ ,

As P-NUCLEO LRWAN2 contains I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 USI® LoRa® expansion board, you need to refer to the example AT_Master in LoRaWAN® STM32Cube Expansion Package (I-Cube-LRWAN). This means that you will need to interface with it using AT commands.

Useful documents in your case:

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.