cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WB55 P2P "Getting started" project not migrating to WB15

Ugilten
Associate III

I am trying to follow the "STM32WB Getting started Series: Part 12b lab..."(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKYWy7LKL68&list=PLnMKNibPkDnG9JRe2fbOOpVpWY7E4WbJ-&index=16) on youtube.

In the video he is using a WB55, but I am trying to implement it on a WB15 (both Nucleo).

But, it does not work on the WB15 board. When I try it on the WB55 board, it works fine.

I have been combing through the video trying to see if I have a setting somewhere that is different, but nothing jumps out.

If I open up the P2P example project from CubeMX, it works just fine, so the BLE stack is working fine on the WB15 board.

I am hoping there is just some setting I am missing, because the project will eventually have to run on a costum board with a WB10 :\

Regards

Rolf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ugilten
Associate III

So, I think I found out what was wrong.

In the BLE configuration tab the following 4 parameters seemed to be too large for the WB15 (and WB10)

CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_SERVICES            8
CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_ATTRIBUTES          68
CFG_BLE_MAX_ATT_MTU                  156
CFG_BLE_ATT_VALUE_ARRAY_SIZE         1344

If I set them to the below values it seems to work just fine. I have no reason for setting them to these exact values, it was just less than the original values :|

It says in the description area that the size depends and the GATT database size in CPU2, but I have not been able to find the size definition of this database anywhere...

0693W00000NqFb8QAF.png/Rolf

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can compare your ioc file when you have to try to follow this learning and adapt it for WB15 with the reference ioc available in STM32CubeWB package:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB/tree/master/Projects/NUCLEO-WB15CC/Applications/BLE/BLE_p2pServer

Best Regards

Ugilten
Associate III

So, I think I found out what was wrong.

In the BLE configuration tab the following 4 parameters seemed to be too large for the WB15 (and WB10)

CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_SERVICES            8
CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_ATTRIBUTES          68
CFG_BLE_MAX_ATT_MTU                  156
CFG_BLE_ATT_VALUE_ARRAY_SIZE         1344

If I set them to the below values it seems to work just fine. I have no reason for setting them to these exact values, it was just less than the original values :|

It says in the description area that the size depends and the GATT database size in CPU2, but I have not been able to find the size definition of this database anywhere...

0693W00000NqFb8QAF.png/Rolf

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can find some information about this in application note AN5289. A wiki page on this topic is under redaction.

Best Regards

WP
Associate III

First off, I find the video series, in particular 12b, very helpful. I was (still am) struggling to make a simple BLE program and am making progress now.

I can confirm that even with the WB55RG it does not work directly per the video. So far I have tried:

• Follow the tips in the YouTube video and add shortend local name and manufacturer specific info.
  • Reduce number of GATT services and GATT Attributes as shown above.

Running the latest firmware:

FUS Version: v1.2.0.0

STACK Version: v1.16.0.4

And as others have said, the p2pServer and Heart Rate demo programs work fine.

It would be great to get some clarity as to exactly why the video instructions do not work, and what needs to be changed and why. At this point it feels like trial and error. So close, yet so far as the saying goes.

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Can you if you are facing this issue? If not, can you explain what doesn't work as expected?

Best Regards