cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using STM32WB55 with BLE and 802.15.4 in static concurrent mode without MAC features

Mickyleitor_allgon
Associate

Hi all,

I'm evaluating the STM32WB55 Nucleo pack for our company, specifically to get a BLE and Radio (802.15.4 as PHY Layer) in concurrent mode. That is, by switching from time to time (~100ms) between both protocols.

I see there is an example with BLE + MAC 802.15.4 (P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\BLE_Mac\BLE_Mac_Static + STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\STM32WB5x\stm32wb5x_BLE_Mac_802_15_4_fw.bin) but It's using the MAC API functionalities.

As I have a high level radio protocol running under IEEE 802.15.4-2006 Frame Format, I don't want to use all the underlying MAC feature that is provided by the MAC API.

The idea behind this is to shorten the frame data length so can perform a better range in industrial applications (MAC features add so many bits to the PSDU data that we don't really use).

So the question is;

Is there any way to get BLE + PHY 802.15.4 in concurrent mode (even if it's in static proccessing) just without MAC features?

Best regards,

Micky.

1 REPLY 1
Sem A.
Associate III

This forum thread was marked by the moderator as needing a little more investigation, so a Support case was created in your name and will be handled off-line. Should anyone have any related questions, please feel free to open a Support case directly at your myST portal: https://community.st.com/s/onlinesupport