cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom STM32 BLE Application with ThreadX - Azure RTOS

Lo
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build my custom BLE application with CubeMX (v6.11.0) and STM32CubeIDE: v1.15.0 using a STM32WB55 with FW package: v.1.19.0.

Due to its other functions I would like to use ThreadX for that. However, when generating code with CubeMX it always uses the sequencer files for the BLE application (other features work well). Is there any way to generate BLE files based on ThreadX? Or if not, at least an option to stop overwriting my app_ble.c if I have changed it manually once?

I can run the Heartrate app with ThreadX but now want to move to a custom BLE application.

(sequencer is not enabled in CubeMX, but AZ-RTOS is)

Thanks,

Lo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Lo and welcome to the ST Community😊

It is not possible to generate a BLE ThreadX project USING CUBEMX. But it is of course possible to generate a BLE examples that use ThreadX. My best suggestion is to start from an existing example (BLE_p2pServerThreadX for example) and try to do the changes you need for your application.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Lo and welcome to the ST Community😊

It is not possible to generate a BLE ThreadX project USING CUBEMX. But it is of course possible to generate a BLE examples that use ThreadX. My best suggestion is to start from an existing example (BLE_p2pServerThreadX for example) and try to do the changes you need for your application.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi again,
thanks for your quick answer.
I was hoping to be able to use the great CubeMX Environment for customization...

Lo
Associate II

Can I prevent CubeMX to overwrite my ThreadX changes in the BLE application, if I want to generate code for something else?