cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggest alternate ICs for STM32WB55CG and STM32L476RG

PMana.1
Associate II

Hello, I am currently working on two projects and the firmware is tested and verified on two mcus ( STM32L476RG and STM32WB55CG). I would like to consider different MCUs where the code can run without changing the code. I know if I consider the ICs from the same family I could do this if there are no changes in the flash interpretations. Could you please suggest some ICs and if I am considering ICs from other families what all changes need to be done to the code. Do I have to change the libraries? Is it a time-consuming process? What is the easiest approach to convert the code? I am using Keil IDE for coding.

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Why are you considering alternate chips?

Generally, moving to a more capable chip within the same family will require no code changes, but this depends on what exactly your code does.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I would like to purchase around 500k chips, but due to the chip crisis, I have to go for an alternate. Lead time for these two ics are around 52 weeks.

The STM32WB55 is pretty specific, porting is going to be a headache.

Suggest you find a part with equivalent functionality, and available, and then figure how complex the development environment looks, and how quickly you and your team can adapt and code.

Make a quick assessment so you can get some orders queued up. I don't think you'll have any problem moving excess inventory of popular ICs

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..