cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM342WB55 after load last BLE stack (1.8.0) I can`t erase fw with STM32CubeProgrammer

Vyacheslav
Senior II

Hi.

Using STM32CubeProgrammer I load last stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_light_fw.bin, but when after that I try to run command -fwdelete, I get an error : "FUS_NOT_RUNNING".

I attach log file becose Idont understand whot is this.

But me application work fine and I see that stack is a last version.

Please help whot may bee .

I send call:

STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=usb1 -fwdelete -vb 3

65 REPLIES 65
Mecanix
Senior

Had luck using CLI with SWD + the NRST pin hooked up. Does the stack fwdelete & fwupgrade without any issues now. Option PCROP.RDP byte is set to 1.

See if you can replicate

(STM32CubeProgrammer API v2.3.0).

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Please use CubeProgrammer v2.5 that you can download from the www.st.com ​web site.

I use 2.5 and still have this problem.

I can't replicate this at this very moment, but remember from last week having similar misbehaving deletes and upgrades when using port=usb1. It kept resetting and trying again populating an error nearly back to back after each retries. I've since switched to port=swd and also have the NRST pin attached and now both the fwdelete & fwupgrade works perfectly fine. Note that I've set PCROP.RDP byte to 1.

Please give this identical set-up a go and see if this works fine for you too. If it doesn't then may I suggest you look at your hardware between CubeProgrammer and the chip (cable, pc/laptop usb port, and/or drivers).

ps. confirmed working with STM32CubeProgrammer API v2.3.0. I might give 2.5 a try the next time I need to flash those bad boyz. Thanks for the heads up @Remi QUINTIN​ 

Thanks, Mecanix.

I'll try to do this for interest and answer later.

The problem is different: why is it possible to upgrade to 1.8.0 and back using our own bootloader (and it does not use anything superfluous, for example, the same pcrop.rdp) and not possible with the stm cube programmer. And this situation only with 1.8.0 ble stack version.

Any previous versions of ble stack swapped normally using stm cube programmer.

Done. Loaded stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_light_fw.bin (en.stm32cubewb_v1-8-0.zip) with the set-up I'm using and all went fine. See traces and -op below, compare to what you have and have a go at it again. Good luck

• STM32WB55CG (48qfn) custom board
  • FUS version is V1.1.0 (used: stm32wb5x_FUS_fw.bin from V.1.8.0 / en.stm32cubewb_v1-8-0.zip)
  • Using ST-Link 2.1 programmer (3V3, SWCLK, SWDIO, NRST, GND)
  • STM32CubeProgrammer API v2.3.0

STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=swd -fwdelete

0693W000004JtI5QAK.jpg 

STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=swd -fwupgrade stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_light_fw.bin 0x080D6000 firstinstall=0

0693W000004JtKyQAK.jpg 

STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=swd -ob displ

0693W000004JtNEQA0.jpg