cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WLE5 Sigfox pushbutton app not sending data using seeeds Lora E5 module

MSHAY.1
Associate II

Hi,

We are tying to run sigfox pushbutton app on Seeeds lora e5 module what has a stm32wl mcu built in. I have configured the radio control switch gios according to the lora e5 module and also changed the tx power define to High power. have also changes the button and the led gpios.

Now the situation is when I press the button the led blinks 3 times as intended for sigfox app but no data received on the sigfox back end. One thing to mention is that, i have done the commissioning which includes copying chip certificate and get pac and dev ids files from st and programming them into stm32wl using cube programmer. these are done and the device is also registered on the sigfox backend. The sigfox covererage is there too in my area and i have tried taking the device to different areas, But still i cant get any packets received on sigfox backend. i have also used external antenna but still no luck.

what could it be?

I am suspecting something in the code.

Can anyone help me and let me know what else can be done?

Best regards,

Muhammad

16 REPLIES 16
LCHAM.1
Associate II

Can you try the same sequence, replacing the linker script in: Projects\NUCLEO-WL55JCApplications\Sigfox\Sigfox_PushButton\STM32CubeIDE\STM32WL55JCIX_FLASH.ld, by the one atttached ?

MSHAY.1
Associate II

Hi,

Sure will do that and will let you know.

Regards

Muhammad Shayan

MSHAY.1
Associate II

UPDATE:

Hi,

With the above attached linker script I am able to see the packets on backend, so it wasnt the coverage issue its the firmware issue from ST, for now the nucleu wl55jc1 is working now ill try this file with seeeds lora e5 module (which has stm32wle5jc MCU inside) and post an update.

also this issue needs to be fixed on the next firmware update (may be in 1.2.0) of stm32wlxx SDK

Regards,

Muhammad Shayan

So I tried to run the code but no signal from Sigfox came out. I was confused by not having a prototype like the dual core version has. As shown in the figures below.0693W00000DqDyjQAF.jpg  

Here we can see the prototype of the SIGFOX_API_send_frame() function. But this only exists in the dual core example. The single core has no prototype of this function, and I don't see any signal coming out of the board when I run the AT_SLAVE or PUSHBUTTON (SINGLE CORE) example

Update:

Hi,

I have tested it now with Nucleo-WL55 and also with Seeeds Lora E5 module its working now 👍 , So the issue regarding the Lora E5 module was the wrong linker script, poor coverage and poor antenna matching. once all three issues were resolved I can see the packets on sigfox backend.

Regards,

Muhammad shayan

LCHAM.1
Associate II

Glad to know it's working well on your Nucleo-WL55 and also with Seeeds Lora E5 module!

Good to have shared your setup with community.

Regards

Can you help me? I changed the linker but still I don't see any signal coming out of my board (I have SDR). I am using STM32WLE and STM32WL55JC1.

Can you pass me the code that worked with your STM32WLE? I called you in the "message" field.