cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WLE STOP2 mode, HardFault in rare cases

tzegrec
Associate

Hi, I have a weird problem that occurs very rarely, so it's quite hard to debug. I would be very grateful for any advice.

I have a device that uses STM32WLE5CC, with FreeRTOS, and it stopped working after two months of continuous operation. I attached the debugger to the device, and it says that it's in HardFault mode, but, although HardFault contains NVIC_SystemReset() command, device did not reset. There's also SysTickAct exception active.

I cannot repeat the error, but, after trying a lot of things, and reading various resources, I found that the problem is exactly the same as 2.2.9 in errata, except, I don't have debug emulation enabled. But, when Systick interrupt happens with debug emulation enabled, the result is identical to my error.
https://www.st.com/resource/en/errata_sheet/es0506-stm32wle5xx-stm32wle4xx-device-errata-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Is it possible, although SysTick shouldn't be able to generate an interrupt in STOP2 mode because the clock is stopped, that the SysTick interrupt gets executed? If I stop SysTick before entering STOP2 mode, everything works even with debug emulation enabled.

Thanks,

Tomislav

0 REPLIES 0