cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WL software support for WMbus + Sigfox + LoRaWAN

JaydeepRathod
Associate II

Hi,

I am looking for wireless solution which supports below protocols.

1> LoRaWAN.

2> Sigfox

3> WMbus.

I am also looking for firmware integration for all of the above protocols and need to find that the firmware will support all of the protocols at same time? 

I googled it and came to the ST's wireless chip "STM32WL". According to datasheet they support all of 3 protocols.

I can see that ST has the wireless software framework support using STM32CubeWL. But does it having the firmware stack for all of the above mentioned protocols? If it is then does it support all in same firmware?

Please help me correct the understanding.

Thankin you.

Jaudeep. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, but for the coexistence. we can guaranty only the Coexistance (on the same firmware) of Sigfox and LoRaWAN. But You may can configure it using your own firmware as all 3 technologies are supported by the MCU.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @JaydeepRathod and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

The STM32WL support all LoRaWAN, Sigfox and WM-Bus. For both LoRaWAN and Sigfox, we have Two Third party Middleware that support both of them. For the WM-Bus, we don't have any middleware support for it. But you can use external firmware such as the STACK FORCE implementation.

For the Coexistance, you can just find it for both LoRawan and Sigfox (take a look at this video).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

JaydeepRathod
Associate II

Hi STTwo-32,

Thanks for the information.

As I have understood, It is possible to have the STM32WL stack for LoRaWAN + Sigfox development and by integrating third party library, we can provide support for WMbus as well in the same chip.

Again Thank you for your support.

Jaydeep.

Yes, but for the coexistence. we can guaranty only the Coexistance (on the same firmware) of Sigfox and LoRaWAN. But You may can configure it using your own firmware as all 3 technologies are supported by the MCU.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

JaydeepRathod
Associate II

Ok. I am cleared about what I am looking for.

Thank you and best regards,

Jaydeep.