cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 Nucleo board flash cannot be programmed, appears write protected

MEnna
Associate

Just got this Nucleo pack, the Nucleo board flash cannot be erased or programmed with CubeProgrammer or EWIAR app. I followed exactly the STM32CubeWB Getting Started Guide - can someone tell me how to program the flash please? Also the USB Dongle is non-fucntional on Win10 - and there is no "inbox" driver that can understand what it is. Do i need to use Win7 to make the USB dongle work? So far out-of-box experience has been totally horrible, not sure how everyone is getting this to work. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MEnna
Associate

FIXED. Finally got the Nucleo board up and running after using CubeProgrammer to download the .hex file for the 3 LED 'blinky' app. Following the STM32WB_Workshop example results in 1) had the change Project --> Options --> General Options --> 'Core' to 'Cortex-M4' to get it to compile without warnings, the 'Core' was set to 'ARM7' and 2) Download and Debug failed with Flash not getting programmed, hence I thought it was locked somehow. so 3) Brought up CubeProgrammer and just downloaded the .hex file from above and it worked. Please clean up the documentation to warn people about these things !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MEnna
Associate

FIXED. Finally got the Nucleo board up and running after using CubeProgrammer to download the .hex file for the 3 LED 'blinky' app. Following the STM32WB_Workshop example results in 1) had the change Project --> Options --> General Options --> 'Core' to 'Cortex-M4' to get it to compile without warnings, the 'Core' was set to 'ARM7' and 2) Download and Debug failed with Flash not getting programmed, hence I thought it was locked somehow. so 3) Brought up CubeProgrammer and just downloaded the .hex file from above and it worked. Please clean up the documentation to warn people about these things !