cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 - How to implement Zigbee OTA cluster

naanichilakalapudi
Associate III

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently managing over eight Zigbee devices connected to one Coordinator in a star topology fashion (8 or more End devices to one Coordinator). However, the manual procedure for flashing new firmware is proving to be time-consuming. Consequently, I have decided to implement Zigbee OTA clusters to facilitate over-the-air firmware updates.

Regrettably, I am facing challenges in finding comprehensive guidance on this matter. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in providing examples or references related to OTA clusters.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards,
Naani Ch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello @naanichilakalapudi,

Thanks, I hope you are fine as well.

Indeed, the OTA feature is highly recommended for many reasons as the resource and time consumption, safety and security, it provides also flexibility for the software upgrade.

To easily implement this feature for the STM32WB, you can refer to this wiki page that describes the use case for both Server and Client , it explains the principle of the OTA upgrade and lists the APIs functions to use the OTA cluster.

You can find also 3 project examples that implements the OTA feature following our Github repo:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB/tree/master/Projects/P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo/Applications/Zigbee :

• Zigbee_OTA_Client_Router
  • Zigbee_OTA_Server_Coord
  • Zigbee_OnOff_Client_Router_Ota

Best regards,

Ouadi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @naanichilakalapudi 

The forum moderator had marked your post as needing a little more investigation and direct support. An online support case has been created on your behalf, please stand by for just a moment and you will hear from us.

Regards,

Billy

Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello @naanichilakalapudi,

Thanks, I hope you are fine as well.

Indeed, the OTA feature is highly recommended for many reasons as the resource and time consumption, safety and security, it provides also flexibility for the software upgrade.

To easily implement this feature for the STM32WB, you can refer to this wiki page that describes the use case for both Server and Client , it explains the principle of the OTA upgrade and lists the APIs functions to use the OTA cluster.

You can find also 3 project examples that implements the OTA feature following our Github repo:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB/tree/master/Projects/P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo/Applications/Zigbee :

• Zigbee_OTA_Client_Router
  • Zigbee_OTA_Server_Coord
  • Zigbee_OnOff_Client_Router_Ota

Best regards,

Ouadi