cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32wb55 ble server - how use whitelist

JCajk
Associate II

Please, exist some tutorial or an example how to use the list of allowed devices to connect? I know the allowed device addresses.

2 REPLIES 2
BSANT.17
Associate II

Hi,

I have something about that on st support :

"Most of the other vendors are providing direct wrapper to configure whitelist as part of the ACI (top layer api interface). In our case, we don't have extra wrapper and since whitelist is filtering at controller level, we provide the access to HCI commands to configure the controller directly. Extra confusion is then coming from the fact that whitelist is partially managed by the Host stack too.

To directly control whitelist, the following commands are put in place:

hci_le_add_device_to_white_list

hci_le_remove_device_from_white_list

hci_le_clear_white_list

hci_le_read_white_list_size

At Host level, we provide the following command which is linked to the whitelist too:

aci_gap_configure_whitelist()

But this command will simply preconfigure whitelist with the devices which are bonded (info stored in NVM). When any bonded device is removed from the bonding list then, whitelist is not automatically updated, so either the above command must be called again, or the whitelist entry for the same device (address info passed) can be removed using the hci command listed before."

Whiteliste never works as well on my product but bonding works (MX1.8 and Stack 1.8).

I use BLE bonding when pairing is enabled and terminate manually not bonded devices after connection if not.

Since MX1.12 and Stack V1.12.1, bonding doesn't working anymore on my product, I think something has changed but I don't know what.

BSANT.17
Associate II

I found my problem, LD files has to be updated to work with the new compiler.