cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55/35 BLE windows communication

Kowy
Associate

Hello. Any help/guide how to start communication between STM32WB and windows pc via BLE?

I want to make wireless temperature probe and i don´t know where to start.

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Kowy and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

You can use the P-NUCLEO-WB55.USBDongle, use the P-NUCLEO-WB55 for the data acquisition and connect it to the USB Dongle that should be connected to the PC using serial COM port. Then, you can receive data using the serial terminal.

Also, you can connect the STM32WB directly to the PC using BLE, refer to this post for more details.

Best regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Based on IT hardware policy i have to exlude anything which needs usb connection. At this time i want to use BLE112 dongle cause i found library and example for LabView

Ok, then you can refer to the post I've already mentioned, and you can use the examples of the STM32_Cube_WB to start your project.

Best Regards.

STTWo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KKIM.6
Senior

You don't need even a dongle if you use the wireless module in your Laptop.

I cannot share my software because of security but you can program the BLE connection program using Visual Studio and follow the below instructions.

Below is an example of C# language-based  BLE software and UWP developer conditions.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/devices-sensors/bluetooth-low-energy-overview

Follow the "GATT client" tab in the link.

Your microcontroller should be programmed as a host and send ADC measurement data using DMA.

You will need 2 bytes for 12 and 16-bit resolution data. (1 byte for 8-bit data)\

In addition, Microsoft provides an example code based on the above link.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/samples/microsoft/windows-universal-samples/bluetoothle/