cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB15 Server Mode Custom Template

SYuan.1
Associate

Hi, I'm currently developing for the STM32WB15CC. During code generation with CubxMX, Under the "BLE Applications and Services -> Server Mode", the option for "Custom Template" is missing when FreeRTOS(CMSIS_V2) is enabled. This option is present when disabled. can I just copy the configuration generated without the RTOS enabled and paste into my RTOS enabled project?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @Shengming Yuan​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

When using STM32CubeMX to generate code for the STM32WB15CC and enabling FreeRTOS (CMSIS_V2), the "Custom Template" option is not available under the "BLE Applications and Services

-> Server Mode" section. This limitation is due to the specific integration of FreeRTOS with the generated code.

While it may be tempting to copy the configuration generated without the RTOS enabled and paste it into your RTOS-enabled project, it is not recommended. The code generated for the non-RTOS configuration is not designed to work seamlessly with an RTOS environment, and it may lead to compatibility issues and unpredictable behavior.

To integrate the BLE server mode functionality into your RTOS-enabled project:

Manual Integration: You can manually configure the BLE server mode functionality within your RTOS-enabled project. You would need to study the generated code for the non-RTOS configuration and identify the necessary code segments related to the server mode. Then, you can integrate and adapt those code segments into your RTOS-enabled project.

Thx

Ghofrane

Hi Ghofrane

Are you gonna fix this issue soon (freertos + server mode) ?

Thx