cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB custom_app.c vs custom_stm.c

SWenn.1
Senior III

Hello....

I have generated code with CubeMX for the WB55.  I have read and write on some characteristics with some require authentication.  On one characteristic I have read, write (with authentication) and notification set.  On this same characteristic I am enabling GATT events :

SWenn1_0-1708979653285.png

From all the reading and watching videos I have done I have not been able to answer some questions:

1.  What is GATT_NOTIFY_ATTRIBUTE_WRITE?

2.  Can someone explain what is the difference between the following functions?

Custom_STM_Event_Handler (custom_stm.c) and  Custom_STM_App_Notification (custom_app.c)  It appears that sending info back and forth to the client from the server using custom_stm.c seems to work fine for reading and writing to the application.  The Custom_STM_App_Notification function has switches showing my services, etc but is bare with no user code.  I'd like to understand the sequence of what files call what here and for what reason should I populate code in the custom_app.c function mentioned above over the other function as I have not been able to understand this.

Sincerely

Steve

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @SWenn.1 

1- GATT_NOTIFY_ATTRIBUTE_WRITE set to notify application when attribute is written.

2- I suggest you debug the BLE_P2PServeur to understand how exactly works those two functions.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.