cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM23CubeMX full service UUID on advertisement and API documentation.

OCatt.1
Associate II

Hello,

I'm looking to receive information regarding advertising settings within STM32CubeMX for use on an STM32WB nucleo board.

I'm trying to make my (only) service's 128-bit UUID available upon advertisement (or scan response?) . Within the CubeMX I can make a UUID visible on scan with Ad type Undirected scannable and connectable, with AD_TYPE_16_BIT_SERV_UUID_CMPLT_LST (STM32_WPAN->BLE Advertising) selected (give BLE default UUID). I had assumed by instead selecting the 128-bit variant of this setting with the 128-bit UUID typed in the setting appearing when "Yes" is selected that it may have the desired effect, however the field becomes invalid?

Is there a solution to my issue here? TLDR: Trying to advertise custom service UUID for retrieval in C#.net BLE APP upon advertisement (Windows API Advertisement.ServiceUuids).

I also had a separate question relating to useful documentation for using/modifying BLE and USART inputs/outputs in the generated code as I have struggled to find up-to-date documentation on these (API calls/nature of auto gen code). I am trying to send files via a C#.Net windows app to the STM32WB Nucleo which are then output from the board via USART.

(Edit. Immiediately after posting, having only fiddled with advertisement settings sending of multiple packets worked as intended, unsure as to what gave this result.)

Noting that the App works well (tested with a separate board we do not want to use) , when attempting to transfer multiple packets to the nucleo, one packet is transferred (received and data displayed via APP_DBG_MSG) however no further packets are then sent or received (sniffed via Wireshark). Could anyone help me resolve this issue such that I can receive as many packets as required? If possible information regarding proper ways of serial (USART) output via the STM32 API would be much appreciated also as I am unable to find documentation regarding it.

Apologies for a long post.

Regards,

Oliver.

0 REPLIES 0