cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Advice on Implementing Firmware Update for STM32WL5MOC Microcontroller

User2501
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a project that involves the STM32WL5MOC microcontroller, and I need to implement a firmware update mechanism for it. I have some experience with microcontrollers, but this is my first time handling a firmware update process.

Could anyone provide guidance or share resources on how to implement a firmware update for the STM32WL5MOC? Specifically, I am looking for advice on the following:

1. Bootloader Design: How should I design a bootloader that can manage the firmware update process? Any example code or tutorials would be very helpful.
  2. Update Methods: What are the common methods for performing firmware updates on this microcontroller? Should I consider using OTA (Over-The-Air) updates, or is a wired connection (e.g., USB or UART) more reliable?
  3. Memory Management: How should I handle memory allocation for the new firmware image while ensuring that the current firmware remains functional during the update process?
  4. Error Handling: What are the best practices for error handling and rollback mechanisms in case the firmware update fails?
  5. Security: How can I ensure that the firmware update process is secure to prevent unauthorized updates or tampering?

I appreciate any advice, sample code, or references to relevant documentation or tutorials. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

0 REPLIES 0