Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSSI on LoRa module

sgabran
Associate III

Hi

We are using the 

the ST library calculates LoRa SNR and RSSI by capturing the readings in register "REG_LR_PKTRSSIVALUE" although there is another register called "REG_LR_RSSIVALUE".

I failed to figure out the difference in contents of those 2 registers.

Any clue ?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IIRHO.1
ST Employee

Hello @sgabran  and welcome to ST Community.

The difference between the two registers is that "REG_LR_PKTRSSIVALUE" captures the RSSI value of the last received packet, while "REG_LR_RSSIVALUE" captures the current RSSI value of the receiver.

"REG_LR_PKTRSSIVALUE" is updated only when a packet is received, and it holds the RSSI value of that packet. On the other hand, "REG_LR_RSSIVALUE" is continuously updated with the current RSSI value, regardless of whether a packet is being received or not.

So, if you want to get the RSSI value of the last received packet, you should use "REG_LR_PKTRSSIVALUE". If you want to get the current RSSI value of the receiver, you should use "REG_LR_RSSIVALUE".

I hope this is helpful for you.

Issam

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
IIRHO.1
ST Employee

Hello @sgabran  and welcome to ST Community.

The difference between the two registers is that "REG_LR_PKTRSSIVALUE" captures the RSSI value of the last received packet, while "REG_LR_RSSIVALUE" captures the current RSSI value of the receiver.

"REG_LR_PKTRSSIVALUE" is updated only when a packet is received, and it holds the RSSI value of that packet. On the other hand, "REG_LR_RSSIVALUE" is continuously updated with the current RSSI value, regardless of whether a packet is being received or not.

So, if you want to get the RSSI value of the last received packet, you should use "REG_LR_PKTRSSIVALUE". If you want to get the current RSSI value of the receiver, you should use "REG_LR_RSSIVALUE".

I hope this is helpful for you.

Issam

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.