cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Lora examples to other devices OR writing lora device from scratch using ST libraries?

Greg Horler
Associate III

Hi, I've decided to use some free time to explore LoRaWan. I have experience of ST devices and have a few nucleo boards, (F303 and L433). I bought two lora shields with which to experiment; a I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 and a SX1272MB2DAS. I've down loaded the lora software and can see a number of examples, however the target boards/devices are different from mine. Yes I could buy the relevant board, but I noted statements that it is "easy" to migrate code between device families and devices within families. My first question is "how do you port the LoRa firmware to either of the target boards I have?" A lot of Googling and reading some guides suggests that porting is not as "easy" as some suggest!?

The second question is " Is there a tutorial or video that explains in a step by step fashion how to create a Lora device from scratch?" I ask this, because while it is nice to have a ready-made project to use, I would prefer to be able to understand the implementation/problems/issues/requirements of a LoRa device of my choosing; necessary if I wanted to add LoRa functionality to existing projects.

Hope someone can help, thanks!

GDH
0 REPLIES 0