cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SubGHz interrupt on STM32WLE

Kampi
Associate III

I use a RAK3172 module for a 434 MHz LoRa APRS application but I don´t get a SubGHz interrupt during transmission. The output from my code is the following:

APRS Demo
Application version: V1.3.0
Radio version: V1.3.0

Radio settings
LoRa Bandwidth: 125 kHz
LoRa Spreading factor: 12
LoRa Frequency: 433775000
Device reset...
Initialization successful!
Go

I tested the code before on an STM32WL Nucleo and there it runs fine. So I think there is some issue with the port to the RAK platform.

I add the link to the GitHub repository so you can checkout the complete codebase because ZIP files aren´t allowed.

https://github.com/Kampi/LoRa-GPS-Tracker/tree/1.1_Dev

Thanks for your support!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @STTwo-32 

I already found a solution. It looked like the pinout for the RF switch was wrong. After fixing it everything works smoothly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Kampi 

As the problem is on a module that use the STM32WL but it is designed by a third party. 

So, it will be better to ask this question on his forum since everything works fine with the STM32WL.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @STTwo-32 

I don´t think it´s a hardware issue because I don´t get a Tx complete interrupt from the SubGHz radio, so the callback isn´t called. So it´s an issue with the STM32WLE.

You may have to ensure that you have correctly migrated your project to the STM32WLE MCU. Refer to the MCUs datasheets and reference manuals.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

I have imported my reference project again into a STM32WLE project and I made sure that the reference project is working on my Nucleo. However the project doesn´t work on the STM32WLE. The function "OnTxDone" in "subghz_phy_app.c" isn´t called.

On which point does it make sense for starting the search?

Hello @Kampi 

What I suggest you is to Debug the Code and visualize the Radio signals on an oscilloscope or Logic analyzer. I think you can find the issue.

Note that the Nucleo-WL55jc1 is using a dual core MCU and the  STM32WLE is a single core. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

Hi @STTwo-32 

I already found a solution. It looked like the pinout for the RF switch was wrong. After fixing it everything works smoothly.