cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable frame-counter validation in end node

vishaltechshlok
Associate II

Hello,

I have an end-node device based on STM32WLE5CBU6.

The end node sends data in every 10 seconds to the gateway.

when I reset the End node device the uplink frame count in the end node resets to 0, at this moment the gateway shows a frame counter validation error.

This error is solved when I disabled frame counter validation in the gateway.

vishaltechshlok_0-1708691644151.png

ISSUE: when for some reason I reactivate the device from the gateway the counter in the gateway resets to 0. At this moment the Node shows MAC rxDone but not going in the callback OnRxData. I verified that when I replace the Downlink frame-counter with a higher value in the gateway it works fine. means it is checking the downlink frame-count should be higher than the previous one.
IS THERE ANY WAY TO DISABLE THE FRAME COUNTER VALIDATION IN ENDNODE ?

4 REPLIES 4
vishaltechshlok
Associate II

Please Help me i am Stuck at this.

Hello @vishaltechshlok and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you take a look at this post to understand how to deal with the frame counter.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the post suggestion, I already read that post.
But post does not have much information on how to get the frame count and update it in NVM.

Is there any function to disable downlink counter validation in Node?
If not can you tell me in which library should i change to achieve this?

Hello @vishaltechshlok 

It is not possible to disable downlink counter validation in Node. This can be done only on the server. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.