cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with STM32WB15CC Stack Issue in BLE Advertising Application

M.Ess
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing a problem with my STM32WB15CC application and I could really use some guidance from the community. I am working on a BLE advertising application, but unfortunately, I am unable to see my device appearing as expected. After some investigation, I suspect that the issue might be related to the stack.

To resolve the problem, I attempted to upgrade the stack. However, it seems that upgrading it resulted in the deletion of my code. On the other hand, flashing the code onto the microcontroller appears to delete the stack. Interestingly, when I tested the same code on the STM32WB35CC with the same firmware version, it worked perfectly fine.

Have any of you encountered a similar problem with the STM32WB15CC? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or insights regarding this issue.

Here are the software versions I am using:

• STM32Cube IDE version: 1.12.1
  • STM32CubeMX version: 6.8.1
  • STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.16.0
  • STM32CubeProgrammer v2.13.0

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

Best regards.

6 REPLIES 6
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Can you check if you have the issue describe in this post?

Best Regards

M.Ess
Associate II

Hello Remy,

I already done this modification, but my issue still the same.

Thx.

M.Ess
Associate II

Hello,

I done some progress these last days.

I can load the full task into the chip without errors (V16 for STM32WB1xx):

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkYLhQAM.png 

BUT

I can't read the full memory of the WB15CC. With STProgrammer when I click on "read all" button, I get this message :

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkYK5QAM.png 

When I run the FUS and try to learn the version used by my component, the BLE version is always equal to "---". When I do the same operation with the WB35CC is working well and I can see the correct stack version in this location.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkYMQQA2.png 

My feeling is the stack binary is not the good one (I already checked my version) or the WB15CC is not properly known by STProgrammer and the memory adress are not the good one.

@Remy ISSALYS​ Is it a kown issue ? Why I cannot read my full flash memory ?

Have a nice day !

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can read only the non-secure part of the flash memory, the "read all" button read more data than the non-secure part that's why you have the error. Use "read" button with 0x21000 for size to read all the non-secure part. Concerning the stack version, it's a known issue in STM32CubeProgrammer tool, I hope it will be corrected soon.

Best Regards

M.Ess
Associate II

Thank you for your quick answer.

You mean there is an issue to load the BLE stack into the WB15CC ?

For the moment my test code (Custom Beacon) works on the WB35CC. With the same code (but a different stack - 1.16 FULL), I fall into infinity loop when the "MX_APPE_Process()" function is executed.

Regards.

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

No, the issue concerns only the display of Stack version in STM32CubeProgrammer tool. You can try an example available in STM32CubeWB package like BLE_HeartRate to see if you have the same behavior or not,

Best Regards